IN CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY
FOR OPTIMAL RESULTS.
APN Concussion & Depression Center
The APN Concussion and Depression Center offers two cutting-edge technologies which have produced a plethora of scientific trials and studies suggesting potential benefits for a variety of conditions.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- All Points North Lodge is proud to offer in-house Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). HBOT works by pairing pure oxygen with significantly increased ambient air pressure. A client enters an enclosed chamber where all air is 100% oxygen, and it exists at a pressure higher than typical atmospheric pressure. As the client breathes in and out, the pressure and concentration of oxygen in the chamber dramatically increases the amount of oxygen available in the client’s body. Increased oxygen allows improved oxygen delivery to body tissues which have been deprived. This promotes the growth of new blood vessels and enables the body’s defense system to better kill harmful bacteria.
- HBOT is FDA-approved for a variety of conditions. The additional oxygen delivered to tissues can fight infection and promote quicker healing.
- Some preliminary studies suggest potential benefit in the treatment of depression following stroke, aid in the treatment of PTSD and depression following concussion and other traumatic brain injuries, and improve nerve functioning and overall mental health in some patients following traumatic brain injury.*
- In preliminary animal studies on the effect of HBOT on traumatic brain injury, HBOT has been shown to protect the blood-brain barrier, aid in the repair of neuron injury, and even decrease acute brain inflammation if conducted in the first 24-48 hours following the injury.*
- For sports injuries, HBOT may be able to speed up recovery and enable athletes to heal thoroughly at a more rapid rate.*
- One 2016 suggests hyperbaric oxygen therapy holds promise to help reduce some symptoms associated with opiate withdrawal. A 1996 study also revealed some positive effects for substance users.*
- A few early animal studies also suggest potential positive effects on dementia treatment. Experts have also expressed interest in using HBOT for Alzheimer’s Disease specifically.*
- Though many uses of HBOT are still “off-label,” its potential as a treatment for a variety of conditions including injuries, infections, chronic disease, chronic pain, infection, and mental health look promising.
- To find out if HBOT could work for you, call our team for a free consultation.
*Many of the above uses are considered “off-label” meaning that these claims have not been reviewed or approved by the FDA for efficacy. Although hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a treatment that is considered extremely safe for most people, it is a medical treatment and contains risks. For a complete list of possible side effects and risks, talk to an APN Physician today.
- BrainsWay Deep TMS is a leading brand of deep transcranial magnetic stimulation – a non-invasive, non-medication, FDA-approved treatment for depression and OCD in patients who have not responded well to antidepressants.
- A deep TMS treatment session involves 20 minutes of seated rest while wearing a patented helmet that generates a magnetic field targeting certain parts of the brain. Little to no discomfort is involved, and no downtime is needed.
- Clinical trials are currently ongoing to test the efficacy of deep TMS for smoking cessation, temporal lobe epilepsy treatment, anorexia nervosa treatment, Alzheimer’s treatment, neuropathic pain treatment, and stroke rehabilitation.
- Some early stage research suggests that deep TMS may be helpful in the management or treatment of conditions including addiction, ADHD, chronic pain, body dysmorphic disorder, PTSD, bipolar depression, and more.