This role serves as Clinical Counselor for treatment and integrated care services such as assessment, treatment planning, case management, wellness and primary care, individual, educational and group therapy, and family therapy for residents. This role is primarily facility based but may work in the community intermittently, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communication among staff, residents, families, and external resources to ensure collaboration and continuity of treatment
- Actively participates as a part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Assessment, treatment and discharge planning
- Represents self and service line in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- As appropriate, will ensure follow up and aftercare of resident
- Timely accurate documentation in the Electronic Medical Records System.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology with NAADAC, State or ICRC addiction credentials. licensure (or equivalent and ability to acquire equitable Colorado credentials)
- Prefer Master’s Degree with credential/license in Addiction Counseling. licensure (or equivalent and ability to acquire equitable Colorado credentials)
- 5 years’ clinical experience with residents in a substance abuse setting
- Must also be competent and experienced in: DSM V assessment/intake processing and family, group, and individual therapy counseling
- Ability to pass background, urine drug screen, and criminal records tests.