Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
In Partnership with NexGen Hyperbaric and the Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
Find out if Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is right for you. Call 866.955.8185 to speak with an APN Lodge provider today.
Quality of Life | Wound Healing | Natural Treatment for 30+ Indications
Who It’s For
- Adults with a variety of medical conditions, recovery needs, treatment indications, or health goals
- Relatively minimal side effects
- No downtime
- May be covered by your insurance, also available via private pay
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a medical treatment designed to increase the body’s available oxygen – for quicker healing, reduced inflammation, formation of new blood vessels, and more. HBOT is simple, non-invasive, painless, and requires no downtime.
How Does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Work?
In a clear and comfortable total body chamber, a client relaxes while HBOT operator brings the machine’s air content to 100% oxygen at an elevated and controlled pressure. As the client breathes in 100% oxygen, the amount of oxygen available in the blood increases. Extra oxygen dissolves in plasma, lymph, and central nervous system fluids too. The blood then carries its extra oxygen to all body tissues. This supplies even damaged tissues, non-healing wounds, and areas of low circulation with more oxygen to promote healing, reduce swelling, kill bacteria, and form new blood vessels.
HBOT promotes the appropriate levels of oxygen needed for the body to more rapidly heal itself when faced with a variety of illnesses and injuries. Ongoing research suggests positive effects of HBOT for many conditions – some FDA-approved and some still “off-label”. HBOT may be an effective intervention to improve quality of life with minimal side effects for those battling the conditions listed below.
What conditions are FDA-approved for treatment with HBOT?
- Air or gas embolism
- Carbon monoxide poisoning and carbon monoxide poisoning complicated by cyanide poisoning
- Clostridial myositis and myonecrosis (gas gangrene)
- Crush injury, compartment syndrome, and other acute traumatic ischemia
- Decompression sickness
- Enhanced healing of selected problem wounds
- Exceptional blood loss anemia
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Osteomyelitis (refractory)
- Delayed radiation injury (soft tissue and bony necrosis)
- Skin grafts and flaps (compromised)
- Thermal burns
- Intracranial abscess
What conditions may be treated “off-label” with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis, Osteoarthrosis)
- Bone Fractures
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Healthy Aging / Wellness
- Injury Healing
- Memory Loss
- Minimizing Surgical Complications
- Post-Surgical Wound Healing
- Systemic Shock
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wound Healing
Does the treatment session cause any side effects?
HBOT is a non-invasive procedure, which eliminates the need for hospitalization. The most common side effect is barometric trauma in the ears and sinuses due to the increased pressure. The HBOT team can work with you to minimize the potential risk of this with strategies or ear tubes. Occasionally, some people may experience minor vision changes during their session; these are typically temporary. In rare cases, oxygen toxicity may occur due to over oxygenation.
Why does APN Lodge have a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber on-site?
APN Lodge believes in breaking down silos and pursuing innovation in addiction and mental health treatment. For FDA-approved and off-label treatment indications, HBOT is available as an add-on option for clients currently receiving other treatments at the Lodge or a la carte for those seeking hyperbaric oxygen therapy only.
Am I a good candidate for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
The team at All Points North Lodge can help you determine whether you are a candidate for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Call today for a free consultation and verification of benefits.