In The Power
We invite you to join our team.
APN Lodge is hiring a Full time Nurse Educator in Edwards, CO.
As Nurse Educator your focus will be to provide education, orientation, training, and competency evaluation to nursing and patient care staff. The Nurse Educator will be responsible for designing, evaluating, updating, and implementing new and current nursing and interdisciplinary educational programs. The Nurse Educator will work with an interdisciplinary team to structure patient-centered nursing, medical, therapy, and wellness services to our clients in Residential Treatment and in our Partial Hospitalization program. Demonstrates commitment to excellence in clinical nursing practice and patient experience. Perform delegated duties consistent with the scope of professional nursing practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at APN. This role is facility-based, in Edwards, CO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes the Nursing Process consistent with the ANA/ IntNSA Scope and Standards of Practice for Addictions Nursing, and the ANA/ APNA Scope and Standards of Practice for Psychiatric – Mental Health Nursing to care for clients in our Residential Treatment and Partial Hospitalization Programs.
- Carries out Standards of Professional Performance including Ethics, Education, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Quality of Practice, Communication, Leadership, Collaboration, Professional Practice Evaluation, Resource Utilization and Environmental Health.
- Actively participates as a part of an inter-disciplinary treatment team.
- Representing self, services, and company in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Possesses strong leadership and management skills.
- Acts as a role model displaying enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and unit supervisor in the planning and implementation of educational strategies to ensure compliance with clinical quality standards.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Demonstrates skills as an effective decision maker, as well as a proficient conflict and crisis manager.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an NLN Accredited School of Nursing.. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Colorado or any state that is a part of the Nurse Licensure Compact. MA, MN, MS, or MSN from an NLN Accredited Graduate School of Nursing preferred.
- Maintain AHA BLS.
- Psychiatric and/ or Addiction Nursing Certifications (PMHRN-BC or CARN) preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of clinical experience in residential substance abuse, mental health preferred.
- 1-3 years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- 1-3 years of Nurse Educator, Nursing Supervisor, or Nurse Manager experience in, residential treatment or acute care settings preferred.
- Ability to pass criminal background check, urine drug screen, required.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.