In The Power
We invite you to join our team.
APN Lodge is hiring a Med Tech in Edwards, CO.
Broad Statement of Responsibilities: In this position, you will work with nursing, physicians, recovery advocates, and external pharmacy staff to assist clients to self-administer prescribed medications, supervise and document self-administered medication, maintain counts of meds, order refills and med changes, notify providers of medication compliance or other medication issues, and communicate with nursing regarding client medication routine and need for assessment or education. Understanding MD med orders and general knowledge of medications is a must, along with a high attention to detail and organization.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred along with appropriate certification. Must be able to dispense meds legally in Colorado.
Qualifications: RN, LPN, CNA, MA, EMT, Pharmacy Tech, or QMAP are all acceptable qualifications for this position. Previous experience as a pharmacy technician or other healthcare role in which candidate would be knowledgeable about medication administration will be considered.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience working with medications in a professional capacity. Prefer experience in Behavioral Health.
Special Skills & Knowledge: Understand MD orders, efficient and organized documentation, ability to communicate with clients therapeutically, understanding of medications.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine mobility to include standing, stooping, bending, lifting, walking and running.
- Ability to read labels, follow directions, count meds quickly, open medication bottles and/or packaging without difficulty
- Organized and efficient documentation
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Materials & Equipment: Copy machine, Multi-line telephone, personal computer, and fax machine.
- High moral and ethical values
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Articulate, with interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Appropriate license, experience, and references
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Adapts effectively to new situations.
- Motivational interview and de-escalation skills.
Position Duties and Responsibilities – Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform and record vital signs, detect changes in symptoms, alert nurse when abnormal
- Perform CIWA/COWS scores as appropriate
- Observe and record self-administered medications in an efficient and effective manner
- Understand physician orders, clarify as necessary, communicate with pharmacy and insurance
- Count medications regularly, maintain inventories effectively and securely
- Other duties as assigned that are within scope of practice
The above duties reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle work functions of the position, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position. These duties and responsibilities are the expectations upon which performance is measured.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
Hourly rate range: $23 – $26 hourly