In The Power
Prep & Line Cooks
We invite you to join our team.
APN Lodge is hiring Prep & Line Cooks in Edwards, CO.
Broad Statement of Responsibilities:
Follow dietary guidelines, menus, and safety guidelines set forth by the culinary department leads to create the best food service to the clients. Provide nutritious, high-quality food to the clients and staff over the course of 3 meal periods and snacks.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of culinary experience in a high-end establishment
- Able to stand for 8+ hours
- Able to squat, bend, kneel, and lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, and procedures
- Management skills and experience
- Familiarity with the industry’s best practices and sanitation
- Leadership experience
- Time-management skills
- Capable of making good decisions
- Ability to handle pressure well
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Education: Culinary degree or certification preferred
Experience: 3+ years of culinary experience in a high-end establishment
Special Skills & Knowledge: Candidates should have the following skills and attributes: must be able to work and communicate well with people; be adaptable and accept changes quickly and easily; be willing to address conflict appropriately. Basic computer skills are required with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based product knowledge a bonus.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine mobility includes standing, stooping, bending, lifting, walking, and running.
- Regularly required to sit and work at a phone/computer work station
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Materials & Equipment: Professional kitchen equipment, purchasing systems, knives, buffet equipment.
- High moral and ethical values
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Articulate, with interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate references, and a transcript from an accredited university.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in your work schedule.
- Adapts effectively to new situations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities – Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Food preparation as directed by Culinary Manager.
- Help prepare items of food and drink menu.
- Produces high-quality plates, including both design and taste.
- Ensures that food is top quality and that the kitchen is in a clean and organized condition.
- Keep stations clean and complies with food safety standards.
- Offers suggestions and creative ideas that can improve the kitchen’s performance.
- Prepares food properly according to Health Department guidelines
- Monitors and maintains kitchen equipment.
- Solves problems that arise and seizes control of issues in the kitchen.
- Responds to client needs and requests personally.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above duties reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle work functions of the position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position. These duties and responsibilities are the expectations upon which performance is measured.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
Hourly rate range: $15 – $18 hourly