In The Power
We invite you to join our team.
APN Lodge is hiring an IT Technician in Edwards, CO.
Broad Statement of Responsibilities: We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of IT Technician. The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties. This position will be well versed in all technology and systems throughout the local facilities.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems and implement solutions to them. Some on-call and weekend time might be required.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education – This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field highly recommended.
- A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
- 2+ years experience in hardware installation, computer networks and systems maintenance.
Special Skills & Knowledge: Candidates should have the following skills and attributes: must be able to work and communicate well with people; be adaptable, and accept changes quickly and easily; be willing to address conflict appropriately. Also, the following skill sets are required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine mobility to include standing, stooping, bending, lifting, walking and running.
- Regularly required to sit and work at a phone/computer work station
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Materials & Equipment: Copy machine, Multi-line telephone, personal computer, and fax machine
- High moral and ethical values
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Articulate, with interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate references, and transcript from an accredited university.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Adapts effectively to new situations.
Position Duties and Responsibilities – Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for technology issues.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Conducting daily backup operations.
- Managing technical documentation.
- Provide support for audio-visual system in conjunction with vendor support.
- Facilitate support for security systems.
- Provide support for Internet and TV services.
- Provide support and facilitate maintenance for printers and copiers.
- Provide support and facilitate VoIP phone system maintenance with vendor.
The above duties reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle work functions of the position, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position. These duties and responsibilities are the expectations upon which performance is measured.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.