In The Power
Insurance Verification Specialists
We invite you to join our team.
All Points North Lodge is seeking Insurance Verification Specialists in Malibu, CA.
The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for verifying patient insurance coverage, to ensure necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s provider. He/she is responsible for entering data in an accurate manner. This position is responsible for updating patient benefit information in the organization’s insurance system and verifying that existing information is accurate. This position requires professionals to spend extensive amounts of time on the phone with insurance companies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a valuable resource to patients, providing them with pertinent information regarding their coverage.
- Works with patients to explain coverage amounts provided by their insurance policy, so they can understand why some procedures may be covered, while others are not.
- Helps patients arrange payment for services that are not covered by their insurance companies, discussing different financing options to fit their budgets.
- Tracking insurance reimbursements
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a hospital admissions or billing setting; have a working knowledge of medical terminology and must be familiar with insurance and medical billing policies and procedures.
- Experience working with insurance companies, and have extensive knowledge of different types of coverage and policies
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to work on many projects at once
- Very detail-oriented and organized, to maintain accurate patient insurance records
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs
- Able to pass urine drug screen and criminal background check.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.