In The Power
Clinical Documentation Specialist
We invite you to join our team.
APN Lodge is hiring a Clinical Documentation Specialist in Edwards, CO.
Broad Statement of Responsibilities:
The Clinical Documentation Specialist is involved in the day-to-day operations of the clinical department. The Clinical Documentation Specialist works with the clinical management team to develop and enhance current documentation systems. The Clinical Documentation Specialist completes regular, thorough audits of documentation and provides feedback to the clinical team to ensure appropriate documentation practices. The position is involved in the creation and development of processes related to documentation and management and improvement of documentation templates to meet agency, local, state, federal, and payor guidelines. The Clinical Documentation Specialist also coordinates the transfer of medical records on request.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work effectively with all departments at All Points North Lodge
- Extensive knowledge of Kipu EMR
- Time-management skills
- Capable of making good decisions
- Ability to handle pressure well
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social services/behavioral health field
Experience: 1+ years of experience working in clinical and/or medical settings with direct patient care, experience in clinical documentation systems
Special Skills & Knowledge: Candidates should have the following skills and attributes: must be able to work and communicate well with people; be adaptable and accept changes quickly and easily; be willing to address conflict appropriately. Basic computer skills are required with Microsoft Office Suite and Kipu, web-based products knowledge a bonus.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine mobility includes standing, stooping, bending, lifting, walking, and running.
- Regularly required to sit and work at a phone/computer workstation
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Materials & Equipment: Office equipment, computer, copy machine, iPad, and company computer programs
- High moral and ethical values
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong understanding of medical and clinical terminology
- Excellent organizational skills in order to ensure all patient needs are being met
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals each day
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate references
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule
Position Duties and Responsibilities – Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with the clinical management team and the EHR (Kipu) team to develop and enhance current documentation systems
- Completes and reviews regular audits of outstanding or incomplete documentation
- Overseeing the timely submission and signature of appropriate records in Kipu
- Provides feedback to APN departments to ensure appropriate documentation practices
- Works closely with the clinical management team to monitor the effectiveness of current documentation practices and make necessary improvements
- Creates and improves documentation templates to meet agency, local, state, federal, and payor guidelines
- Sets up Kipu accounts and manages access levels in Kipu
- Enforces clinical policies and protocols related to documentation
- Coordinates the transfer of medical records when requested
- Other duties as assigned
The above duties reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal work functions of the position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position. These duties and responsibilities are the expectations upon which performance is measured.
All Points North Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.